The MPA Program at CSUSB is proud to be accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration or NASPAA.
NASPAA accreditation recognizes that a master’s program in public affairs has undertaken a rigorous process of peer review conducted by Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation (COPRA). All NASPAA accredited programs have successfully met NASPAA Standards for Professional Master’s Degree Programs in Public Affairs, Policy and Administration.
The NASPAA Standards are the quality benchmark used by graduate public service programs around the world. NASPAA’s accreditation process is mission-based and driven by public service values. Accredited programs must contribute to the knowledge, research, and practice of public service, establish observable goals and outcomes, and use information about their performance to guide program improvement. They must practice truth in advertising and ensure their students achieve learning objectives in five domains essential to public service. The five domains are
- to lead and manage in public governance;
- to participate in and contribute to the policy process;
- to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions;
- to articulate and apply a public service perspective;
- to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
NASPAA accreditation recognizes that a master’s program in public affairs has undertaken a rigorous process of peer review conducted by the Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation.
For More Information see: NASPAA's Information for Students